Sunday, February 24, 2013

day 112

Ready for another list?

1. I like the paint colors.  Phew.  We had selected Valspar colors from Lowes but the painter uses Sherwin Williams, so we were forced to find new colors.  The kitchen was almost an exact match (Gull by Valspar vs. Gray Clouds by Sherwin Williams) but the master bath wasn't (Smoked Oyster by Valspar vs. Perfect Greige by Sherwin Williams).  I like the master bath color quite a bit, but until I see it with the granite and cabinets, I won't be 100% sold.  The main bath color I actually like better (Light Raffia by Valspar vs. Nantucket Dune by Sherwin Williams).  I was unable to get good photos this weekend, but here's a preview of what the new color palette looks like:

[color samples from Sherwin Williams]
2. The trim was finally finished being installed on the front of the exterior!  It's amazing what a difference it makes having that one piece up.

3. After a bit of drama, our kitchen faucet has arrived.  We decided on the Wheaton by Pfister and ordered it from build.com on January 31.  We were aware that there was about a one week delay for shipment, but when I received an e-mail on the 15th that it might not ship until February 28, I started freaking out a bit.  Their customer service team was great to work with, but ultimately we ended up cancelling the order because their shipments from Pfister were on back-order.  We found a new faucet being sold from a user on Amazon for $50 cheaper so it ended up working out for the best.  Despite being a tad nervous about the condition, it arrived in the original box, in mint condition.  Yay for small victories (savings)!

[Wheaton by Pfister from build.com]
4. Flooring started going in on Friday!  The main bath, fireplace hearth and half of the master bath tile was laid on Friday (day 110).  The hardwood floor started being laid out on Saturday (day 111) and they were back out working on the tile again today (day 112).


5. I did a bit of shopping at Restoration Hardware today.  The towel rings, toilet paper holders and towel bars at the big box home improvement stores are cheap.  In price and quality.  I've been hesitant to spend the money for decent ones, but I'm finally giving in.  The Restoration Hardware outlet had a matching towel ring and toilet paper holder so I picked them up for the powder room.  I thought I had been diligent about comparing finishes at the store, but upon getting home, I realized one was polished chrome and the other was polished nickel.  Ugh.  Hopefully I'll be the only one to notice.  But, for $32 each instead of $55, I was happy with my purchase.

[Chatham Tissue Holder by Restoration Hardware]
[Chatham Towel Ring by Restoration Hardware]
6. I also picked up some hardware for the main bathroom.  We'll use the pulls on the middle three drawers and the knobs on the two doors.  These were $4.99 each instead of $11.00.  Have I mentioned I love the outlet?

[1-1/4" Aubrey knob by Restoration Hardware]
[4" Aubrey pull by Restoration Hardware]
[Portrait series in Maple - Sable by Merillat]

7. I almost bought pulls (the Gilmore) for the master bathroom vanity but ended up putting them back.  The only con to the outlet is their no return policy.  I still love the pulls, but I was worried how they would fit on the top drawers. I'm having a really hard time picking out hardware for this vanity.  Any ideas or suggestions?  We're looking for polished chrome without fussy details.  Our inspiration vanity actually just uses simple knobs for everything.

[Gilmore pull by Restoration Hardware]
[master bath vanity]

Source: houzz.com via Amy on Pinterest

8. The hole in our master bedroom floor was patched.  However, our floor is starting to look a little Frankenstein-like.  I had requested the floor vents be moved from under our windows (and ultimately under our nightstands) immediately after they were cut out.  So, now we have three patches - and another large seam along one of the side walls.  I know it's only the subfloor but I worry about the integrity of the patches over time.

9.  We hit up Home Depot on Saturday and finally purchased the hardware for the kitchen cabinets.  I'm happy with both the price and style.

[Cup Pull by Liberty Hardware from Home Depot]
[Contempo Knob by Liberty Hardware from Home Depot]
10. Finally, we started sanding and priming the Craigslist dresser tonight!  So far so good, but I'm still completely stuck on what color I want to paint it.  Ivory?  Light gray?  Charcoal?  Yellow?  Light blue?  So many possibilities.  Anyone have some uh-mazing inspiration photos to share that will help me make up my mind?














No comments:

Post a Comment