Tuesday, November 6, 2012

day 2

Exciting news - the hole is D-O-N-E!  I ran out to our lot to grab pictures during my lunch/go vote/grab mail from the PO box break.  It's a bummer that it's dark by the time Hubby gets home from work and I'm able to pick up E from school.  I'm lucky enough to be in town with the ability to stop by randomly during the day, but we'll have to make Saturday mornings our weekly family trip.

Without further ado, I present the newly excavated Lot 23:

[fancy new driveway]
[view from side-load garage]

[high level floor plan]
[view from front porch]

[hello, Digger!]
[the yellow slide through the trees is already E's favorite part of the neighborhood]
We received a call this morning from our builder saying that the sump pump needed to be re-located.  After a momentary "why is this just now coming up?!", I'm happy about the last minute change.  When it's time to finish the basement, the sump pump will be located much closer to the furnace and hot water heater.  So, that's a plus.

In other news, we received a call from our landlord this afternoon saying that he's showing 'our' condo tomorrow night and Thursday night.  Did I mention it's for sale?  Because he conveniently forgot to mention it to us at first.  In fact, we uncovered it ourselves via a Google search but were assured it wouldn't be an issue because it was extremely overpriced.  In a recent turn of events, we've now discovered it's actually in short sale and the price has been reduced.  Aye.  If they find a buyer, I really hope it's a long and drawn out process.  In the mean time, I'm plotting where I can hide dirty diapers.  But, then I feel bad, and clean the place anyway.  As much as I don't want to potentially have to move, I feel bad about possibly preventing a sale.  Hubby thinks I'm nuts for caring. Now, let's just hope my good nature doesn't leave us homeless until March!


No comments:

Post a Comment