Thursday, November 8, 2012

day 4

We have forms!  And, hopefully, within the next day we'll have basement walls.  I ran out at lunch to check progress, but didn't get any photos.  Between the dirt piles and the large trucks, I really wasn't in the mood to make the hike through that mess in my work attire. I was just happy to see work continuing to be done!

Hubby ran by again tonight and said it looked like there were just a few forms left to put up.  I'm crossing my fingers they'll go up first thing in the morning and maybe we'll have walls yet this week. There is a 20-30% chance of rain over the weekend, but it's supposed to be in the 60s!  I'm just thankful there isn't snow in the forecast... yet.

Hubby and I have been trying to pick out outdoor light fixtures, but I keep changing my mind.  We bought a few wall lights on sale at Menards a month or so ago, but I have been in decision-paralysis since then.  I blame the 10,000 decisions we've since had to make on other things, like cabinets, flooring, hardware, faucets, tile, etc.  So many decisions.

Anyway, I'm still debating whether or not we should keep the fixtures we purchased.  The price is right.  They look nice.  But I don't know if they're 'the ones'.  I'm having a hard time finding a post lamp that matches and many of the pendants I like aren't exactly the same style, either.  Further, I'm worried that they might look too small. Thoughts?



[source: Menards - http://menards.com/main/outdoor/outdoor-lights/wall-lights/van-buren-outdoor-wall-light/p-1323845-c-7913.htm]

Another option we've been considering:
[source: Menards - http://www.menards.com/main/outdoor/outdoor-lights/wall-lights/1-light-outdoor-fixture/p-1496678-c-7913.htm]
Post lamp options (not necessarily in the finishes shown):
[source: Lighting Direct - http://www.lightingdirect.com/artcraft-lighting-ac8213bk-black-1-light-post-light/p1951363]
[source: Lighting Direct - http://www.lightingdirect.com/plc-lighting-plc-1896-transitional-1-light-post-light-from-the-tusk-collection/p361764]
[source: Lighting Sale - http://www.lightingsale.com/Etched-Driftwood-Glass-Heritage-1Lt-Post-Mount-p/8256-94-PL.htm]
 It's ridiculous how much heartache this lamp post is causing me.  Many of the brick and mortar stores we've visited carry a very small selection in stock.  And besides having a hard time finding a light I like, it was one of the main reasons our ACC approval was held up.  But, that's a story for another day.

Any fabulous lighting stores you'd recommend?  Brands you trust or despise?  Favorites among the ones pictured above?  Spill your beans.  I'm drowning in decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment